Thread: Damn it Jim, I'm a gamer, not an artist!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Hmm, been a while since I've done it, but I think that rather than copying it into a new template, you need to save it as a new file, then zoom in and start working. To get rid of the stuff outside your new borders, break your shapes at the border (i just make a box for the border to start), then you can put new lines in that match your borders and multipoly them back into shapes. I haven't reinstalled CC yet after I rebuilt my computer, so I can't go through and step-by-step it for you, but those are the concepts. Maybe one of our regular CC users can detail that a bit more for you.
    Thank you again!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

First off Xenre, I gotta say Welcome to the CG, the best place for mapping info and tutorials.

Secondly, one of the reasons that you might not have recieved any response to your last question could be that some of our more knowledgable CC users have already responded to this thread. This is the intro forum and as such ppl do not always look at threads that they already posted in.

We have a forum specifically for posting works on progress (WIPs) and asking how to go about things. If you post an example of what you are working on and let us know where you are having problems, you will get all the answers you need (and more ) as well as suggestions on how you might be able to improve your map. This is indeed the best and fastest way to get from "can`t draw a straight line with the aid of a ruler" to "OMG, I never thought I would be getting paid to do this?". Not that rulers are used too often when drawing a map (that are not buildings that is) but you get the picture

Have fun looking around, join in on the discussions, post, post, and post your work (early and often) and do not be afraid to ask questions.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent