Thread: Map of Otham (WIP)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First of all, welcome...and have some rep for showing a map with your first post.

Second, looking at your updated map:
    1) The outline's a little rough still but you probably knew that. The interior of the continent is looking pretty darned good.
    2) Some overlapping of the brushes going on. Not sure how to fix that in your software but, in Photoshop or similar, I'd fill them so you can't see what's behind them. If you can't do that then you might have to move them around a bit to reduce the overlap.
    3) When the River Police come by I think you got some 'splainin' to do. You've got some improbable rivers in there. In general, they should start somewhere high and end somewhere low, usually the sea.
    4) I like the buildings but the big ones didn't scale very well and a couple of them are overlapping the coastline. If there's any way to fix those two issues I think it'd look better.
    5) Can't help you with Autorealm...sorry.

Looks like you've got a good start. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.
    M

[edit: Oh, yeah, the continent map. It reminds me of one of the ancient maps where the local area is known in some detail but the cartographers only had a fuzzy idea about what was over the horizon so drew in some blobby shapes and populated it with monsters...the great unknown. If that's what you're going for then I think you've nailed it. If you're wanting to someday expand and define those lands I think you're going to want to look at refining the landmass shapes a bit. The area around your main map looks pretty squared away, which is why I assume the blobby forms are intentional[/edit]
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-27-2009 at 04:21 AM.