Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What does your working area look like?

Your parents' masks are beautiful! Is there a chance I could buy one? I have paypal, and the I love the 'Raven' Mask. Below is the full collection (so far, but Felicity has confined me to the one wall so my 'Green Men' are mostly outside except for three little ones I have on the wall. Closeups of my faves which your parents might like to replica - the harlequin (paper mache) from Spain and the red dervish from Turkey (leather).

Much as I love my mum and dad, yours are just so cool, having read the bios. (But then they are both younger than me, which is a little scary and depressing!) You're very lucky.

I've always wanted to go to a Rennaisance Fayre! You lucky chap you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1563.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	4037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1565.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	4038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1566.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	4039  

The good old days... I had a thrustmaster way back when with pedals, stick and throtle. LOVED that thing for playing Mechwarrior II and III. Then the throtle broke and I have been forced to (rarely) playing with Saitek x5x stuff. I would LOVE it if someone made fairly cheap rudders that would work with the Saitek. I know some people have modded theirs to let the pedels work, but I don't have the guts to ruin a $100 stick... Not that I have time to play games much anymore. heh... I had no idea people were still playing Falcon 4!!! That came out in like 95 or so...

Anyway, my work area is my work laptop. I usually work on my craftmatic bed (in the dentist chair position...) while watching TV. Now that I have a tablet, I will probably have to change that since this position is not really suited to using a laptop AND a tablet at the same time. While my home machine is more powerful, I just find it WAY to easy to move the laptop where ever I happen to need to be most of the time.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Here are some snap shots of my work area. A point of interest... I've had that X-Men poster since I was 13 so it is 24 years old (give or take a year). The third pic is of my very chaotic shelf space behind me. Thankfully these pics don't show the dust on some of my shelves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	workspace001.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	4049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	workspace002.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	4050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	workspace003.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	4051  
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

All this talk gives me joystick envy !

Still, all your sensitive, hall effect, twist grip, feedback stuff is no match for my.... Mame stick with genuine arcade action and buttons... hah ha...

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    All this talk gives me joystick envy !

Still, all your sensitive, hall effect, twist grip, feedback stuff is no match for my.... Mame stick with genuine arcade action and buttons... hah ha...
    With a stand make out of Christmas wrapping paper!
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Dang Turgenev, your old RPG Material collection is bigger than my dad's, well maybe, All I posted is my AD&D. anyways, Ravells I'll PM you about it.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkeeper View Post
    Dang Turgenev, your old RPG Material collection is bigger than my dad's, well maybe, All I posted is my AD&D. anyways, Ravells I'll PM you about it.
    LOL! You can't see my Chaosium Call of Cthulhu, FASA Doctor Who, 2nd Edition AD&D, Warhammer Fantasy Role-Playing, and Middle Earth Role-Playing (MERP) books in those pics. I would say that 90% of my collection was purchased way back in the 80s. I haven't bought any new RPG stuff in ages. Your 2nd Edition AD&D collection certainly beats mine (by the time 2nd edition had came out, I had moved on to other games as is evident in the pics).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Everything I have is before 1992 I believe
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My mame cabinet is bigger than yours redrobes...I'll get a picture this evenign or tomorrow morning...hhehehe...
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    My mame cabinet is bigger than yours redrobes...I'll get a picture this evenign or tomorrow morning...hhehehe...
    Classic ! This I gotta see

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast