Thread: Intruder Alert! - WIP encounter map...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good suggestions. If I want to make this accurate to the story, the ship has already been partially unloaded and is awaiting final unloading the next day. After that it'll take on local goods. I suppose, in practice, things probably aren't that orderly. I might put some crates and such on the deck - maybe the oncoming goods (most of which you've listed...stuff from "Asia"). I'll play with it some more.

In the meantime, I've filled the hold a bit more. Still the same old crates and barrels, though slightly improved, but I've also added stacks of high-grade steel. Threw in a couple of ropes but they're kind of hoopty. Would like to get some various ropes and nets and things in there...as you'd expect that kind of stuff to be all over a ship. I'm going to work on some more interesting items for the hold over time but I guess this is the basic look.

Bear in mind that I will be coming back later to tint and grunge to make things look less uniform. The whole thing's also going to be getting a heavy dose of lighting...and the holds will likely be pretty dark.
    M

[edit]Oh, yeah. I fixed my oversized doors. Probably not happy with the coloring still but I'll wait until later. Speaking of coloring, it's likely that the interior flooring is going to be less grey in the final. That's sort of the color I had envisioned for the upper deck surfaces. I think the interior decks will be a little warmer, less weathered.[/edit]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holds.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	18230  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-31-2009 at 04:57 PM.