Thread: Intruder Alert! - WIP encounter map...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Meh. Unhappy with the computer-texture look of what I was doing so I'm testing out bringing in scanned lines and painting. I sort of like the rougher look of hand-drawn lines, warts and all, though I'll likely clean this up even more as some of the lines are a little *too* rough.

Some of this is drawn and scanned, some manipulated, some drawn in PS. Laid down some basic colors under the lines and stole my water from the last one as a temporary background...but I'd like to paint something by hand for the final.

I'm testing out a workflow where I can just draw a component or two...say some crates...scan them, place them, and then manipulate them in PS and finally paint some textures under the lines.

Oddly, there's some subtle-looking wood grain on the decks...but it got totally blown away by my planking outline attempt. Guess I'll have to go for less subtle

All of this could be a waste of time but it's kind of fun to experiment - and, if it works, it'll be a style you don't see too often for encounter maps. Any thoughts? Should I give it up or go for it?
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scalante-Test.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	380.7 KB 
ID:	18350