Thread: Intruder Alert! - WIP encounter map...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

Still making maps...I really am.

Playing around with some furnishings for this map. Here's what I've got so far. For now I've just thrown on a quick drop shadow but I'll be shading it all by hand when I'm ready for lighting...some day. It's very rough, though I like bits of it and it's nice to see it with furniture. I'm seeing potential finally.

As I do this I can now see scale issues with my deck texture and doors. Will have to get that fixed to continue thinking constructively about the furniture.

There's also an issue with the crates because I just scaled down the small one to get some even smaller variety. I'll redraw these at scale so they don't just look like little copies of the next larger size.

Will try to get some more variety in there. Didn't realize how big that friggin' hold really is. I want some non-crated stuff...like maybe a stack of steel ingots or something. Any ideas? It has to be high-value stuff to warrant the trip across the ocean.

Any suggestions, criticism or comments welcome. I'm a total noob here so no suggestion is too obvious.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hold.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	18193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mess.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	18194