The lil city icons are a brush and I think I got them here, don't remember. Anywho, they're just lines so I backfilled the empty space with stuff to make them stand out. I then flipped each lil section of this (can't flip the whole layer) and colored it black then skewed each section (can't skew the whole layer) for a shadow.

The Albion is exactly it. I've seen it requested here twice in the past month so I figured I should try to do something more painterly - which I've been moving towards anyway. Albion appears to have satellite mountains chopped and composited in so I went with my own techniques. There's a pattern here of satellite mountains and I tried that but didn't like the results. The forest is a pattern, too, but with my own colors and then given a textured bevel. If you want to look for the brush and the patterns they're probably in the Resources section somewhere.

Mostly, this map is a bunch of color layers with masks that are grunged up to show/hide colors in various places. Kinda fun and easy to play with and significantly faster than what I usually do - but since I tend to be perfectionistic the time is creeping back up...all in all I'd guess about 20 hours so far but redoing this same style would be much lower since I don't have to experiment anymore. I'm hoping to wrap it up by the end of the day cuz I finally got a day off (21 straight days finishing an entryway for some big muckety-muck's house) - so I ate Sir Robin's minstrels; and there was much rejoicing, yay.