Thread: Lord of the Rings RPG

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Hi, I am one of the admins of me-dem which is the Middle Earth Digital Elevation Model group where were trying to map ME to some ridiculous res in 3D. Though I am not sure whether the stuff can be crossed over there might be some possibility of it. You could try by checking out the site www.me-dem.org though its been slow for a while especially after it took a few hacks and went off line for a while. Anyway the results so far is that there exists a model of the land to about 20K pix square in 3D which is not high enough to map a single location to any good standard but its a start. Theres quite a lot of reference material over there but I am not sure if the new website is allowing access to all of it now.

The forum over there mentions the Fonstad refs which we are also using as a reference to drive some of the vegetation and climates for the land areas.

I am having trouble getting at the images in the shared area links. Can you post a few here as attachments ?

This is where were up to (in fact I can see some more bits done beyond this point) and its been colored up like shown or similar - the coloring is all process driven not done by hand.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 10-26-2009 at 03:16 PM.