Thread: First Time Poster - Testing Pasis's Terrain Style

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Patterns

Well I spent what liitle time I had on the weekend locating & creating some patterns for my future attempts at Pasis's tutorial so I figured I'd share. Most of these are from sources advertised on this site and just tweaked a bit. I have seperated them in to two groups. One for continental maps and one for regional maps.

EDITED: Reuploaded the attachments.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bitbyter; 11-08-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Post Land Ho!

Well I have raise the land from the sea and I'm pretty happy so far with the results. I think I may have gone overboard a bit with the islands but I like the end result. I'm also going to play a bit more with the ocean adjustments as it doesn't quite feel right yet.

I wanted plenty of islands to facilitate seafaring cultures (swashbuckling / pirate adventures possibily). I wanted distance, but many places to travel to while making cross continental travel to be considered impossible due to the hostility of the deep oceans.

Questions:
    Can anyone tell me how to remove or prevent the glow from the edges of the map? I like the glow how it is on the land masses but I don't think it should affect the map edges the way it is.

Next Time:
    Ground contours, hills and mountains. Oh, and an inland sea / massive lake I forgot to add.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Campaign Continent.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	18466