Well, hello everyone!

First, I have to say that due to a lot of work and other issues, I have trouble to find time to deal with one of my favourite past times...world building! Anyway, since I can't see any real roleplaying in the near future, I decided to take it slow and review my whole world building whenever I have time.

And so I decided to put things in perspective and cross-check all my maps and their scales. It was a total disaster I must say! While some things made sense, some others didn't make at all and I was quite frustrated.

So I thought a course of action that I believe it would help. I will start with my first, favourite and most densely populated continent. This has an approximate size of 2730 x 4125 miles, a little bigger than Europe. As I am European I decided that this was a good reference and I could grasp the distances and size of geographical features.

Then, I search through wikipedia and found some references about the sizes of great empires, small kingdoms, duchies, etc in Europe. I decided it was time to start mapping an area that I have modeled after central Europe. It is an area of approximate size 600 x 1400 miles. I decided to map with a scale of 1px=0.5 miles and thus I will create a map of 1200 x 2800 pixels.

Now, the grand question, which might seem very, very stupid but it leaves me fumbled! If look at my map in PS at 100% zoom and then I switch back to 50%, it's like switching from a 50 mi scale to 100 mi scale in Google Maps?Will 1px=1mile @ 50% zoom?

Call me dumb, stupid, whatever...this question haunts me!