Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November Entry - Survivor's Map

Yeah, I'm not sure quite what I want the disaster to be.

Some thoughts:

Plague
    Nothing like a good plague to cause chaos to a population. Feels a little cliched after the awesome persistence of the Resident Evil series, it's like the thing is a zombie or a vampire or something undead...

Alien Invasion
    Again, staple of so many action movies and nearly B-grade Sci Fi stories.

Humans are too smart for their own safety
    Mad Scientist A creates a device that does [insert words with 9 syllables that mean footwear, colliding matter or a state of cheese] and accidentally screws the world into a [insert vaguely plausible scenario, add Jeff Goldblum and it's almost believable... like Santa]
    This includes the "Post Nuclear Winter" Scenario, the Global Warming killed us all and Some Jerk Built A Roach Bomb That Created Sentient Rats.

Meteorite
    "Mummy, I wanna launch Bruce Willis into a meteorite! Does Aerosmith play when every meteorite is about to blow up the world? Why are they trying to make babies when they won't be alive for her to get the baby?"

Again, staple concept. Leads to variations on the "Chernobyl Nuclear Winter".

I think I have it... *puts it under wraps*
    "I have a cunning plan... First we'll build a large wooden badger..."
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Argh, removing watermarks = pain in the ass...

Why can't you get a map that isn't published by Google without a damned watermark!
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

My Lulu Store

Rio, huh? I vote for a Duran Duran concert gone horribly wrong.

I'm sorry it's decided. Everyone was killed by a zombified Flock of Seagulls

My Lulu Store

Blog Entries

More interesting would be a zombified flock of Segals. Steven Segals. Butt-kicking, elbow throwing (literally), jaw breaking undead with a faintly mystical/oriental side. Kinda like they traveled to the far east, learned about zen and yin and yang and then learned to beat the crap out of the living with it. The kind of zombies who grit their rotting teeth at you and grimace while putting a whaling harpoon through your eye. Could work.

Immolate:
    The Flock of Seagulls is actually a music reference to follow up after the Duran Duran suggestion. Not actually some kind of twisted Resident Evil "flock of zombie seagulls" (although they would go after your fingers instead of the chips at the beach).

The disaster will remain under wraps until a later juncture...

My Lulu Store

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Doesn't Heinlein's Starship Troopers begin when the bugs sent meteor/comet to strike the Earth at Sao Paulo, Brazil? Rio's not too far.

GP
    I think it was Buenos Aires, at least in the movie.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I can just picture a zombie with that ridiculous hairdo the lead singer of 'Flock' had in the "I Ran" video...truly frightening.

..and don't forget Steven Seagal also plays guitar and sings.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

SG> I now have the most broken image in my head...

It involves Steven Segal & Rusty Russel Crowe and other males from music and movies...

Segal wears his "I'm Just a Cook" outfit...
    Rusty Crowe in his "I'm about to kill the Ceasar" Gladiator gear...
    David Bowie in his Labyrinth gear...
    Sting in his Dune gear...
    Phil Collins... (if Phil hasn't been in any movie, I might eat my shoe... but only lightly sauteed in garlic with truffles. If I'm eating a shoe, it's got to cost the people making me do it too...)

5 male voices singing Beach Boys harmony from their brains-loving, half-rotted, zombie-teeth-missing mouths...

If anyone around this forum is good at whipping up a quick parody sketch... I believe I should be awarded REP (or possibly great public "Go to the Naughty Corner") for the above twisted idea.

I really do have a cartoon brain.

My Lulu Store

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut1981 View Post
    SG> I now have the most broken image in my head...

It involves Steven Segal & Rusty Russel Crowe and other males from music and movies...

Segal wears his "I'm Just a Cook" outfit...
    Rusty Crowe in his "I'm about to kill the Ceasar" Gladiator gear...
    David Bowie in his Labyrinth gear...
    Sting in his Dune gear...
    Phil Collins... (if Phil hasn't been in any movie, I might eat my shoe... but only lightly sauteed in garlic with truffles. If I'm eating a shoe, it's got to cost the people making me do it too...)

5 male voices singing Beach Boys harmony from their brains-loving, half-rotted, zombie-teeth-missing mouths...

If anyone around this forum is good at whipping up a quick parody sketch... I believe I should be awarded REP (or possibly great public "Go to the Naughty Corner") for the above twisted idea.

I really do have a cartoon brain.
    I think you're safe. Phil was in at least one movie that was aired recently on the CW or some such. I don't recall the name of the movie, and only watched about 5 minutes or so of it. I believe, he's also been in a couple other movies, but again, I can't recall the names of them.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast