Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November Entry - Survivor's Map

Guild Apprentice

Hah! I just joined this forum (I'm trying to learn from you guys, and didn't post anything yet) a couple days ago, but I have to say something: Go on with Rio! I'd love to see what some of you map-making guys could make my Rio look like. It'll be quite interesting

I'll try post up a WIP of the de-watermarked map.
    Lesson: being persistent enough to find a map WITHOUT a watermark is better than trying to edit the sucker out later...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Here it is.
    Damned long time to get this sorta cleaned up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rio de Janeiro_Destroyed.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	18800  
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

My Lulu Store

now where did that watermark go? it looked awesome on the map! hehe, just kidding, a clean removal job indeed... can't wait to see you rip this thing apart

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Better hurry though, time is running out
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I usually don't say anything but I think that I should in this case (as I am Brazilian).

first, some of the map is in Spanish not Portuguese (Train terminal is estasión, in portuguese its Estação, its Praia not Playa and so on) but this is not that big an issue.

Also I would vote for the end of Rio to be something less common in traditional apocalypse scenarios. People decide they no longer like civilization and trash the place, some hold out and there is a massive war between those who just want to go back to "nature" and those that think that living in cities isn't that bad.

Just a thought

Hi folks. I recently found this place. LOVE seeing everyone's work. I'm not comfortable enough to put anything up here, yet, but I had a question. How DID you get rid of the watermark?

~EC

It's simple, time consuming and terminally frustrating.

I got that nice orange colour, that nice green colour and white.
    I made a new layer.
    I drew over the watermark and coloured neatly inside the lines. Then deleted any text that I'd "half deleted" by drawing over it as well. Every so often I copied an icon I saw somewhere else.

If anyone knows a better way, I'm sure others would like to hear. Next time I'm going to use a clean map.

My Lulu Store

Quote Originally Posted by Arcaneheriophant View Post
    I usually don't say anything but I think that I should in this case (as I am Brazilian).

first, some of the map is in Spanish not Portuguese (Train terminal is estasión, in portuguese its Estação, its Praia not Playa and so on) but this is not that big an issue.
    I've had an idea in my head since I started the thread for what I would do.

I'll let the cat out of the bag, a little.

This is going to be a map, owned by a survivor of the events that have happened to Rio.

It's come partially from Sliders, partially from that "Area 51"-type movie that just came out that was based in South Africa (I think?) and numerous other "semi-apocalyptic" movies and TV-series.

Rio was the landing point for a colonisation and enslavement of humans. We are being treated as cattle, only good for performing labour, being bred to supply new labourers and otherwise treated like crap. Our world is being turned into an intergalactic manufacturing site and treated worse than even we managed.

This map is owned by a Survivor. It will be further distressed but I am planning to post up an "un distressed" version later today. After that I'm going to steal some of those nice paper textures found in the resources section and then distress the map in general.

My Lulu Store

Here it is... the template for future destruction. Please enjoy my scrawled handwriting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rio de Janeiro_Destroyed.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	18863  

My Lulu Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast