Thread: November Entry - A Vulcan Winter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Very nice.

Its veeeeery hard to get auto fluid calc doing thin rivers if it also allows you to do non single pixel ones like lakes as well.

Its pretty realistic texturing. The blue on the water is a bit strong. From a realism point of view water looks mosty grey / black from above.
    I actually set those rivers up by hand.

As it turns out, I used the wrong distribution mask for the water as a whole. I had set up two masks, one for the water, itself, and one for the shorelines. I didn't particularly like how the double masking was working out and, when I went back to using a single mask, I accidentally picked the wrong mask. It's no big deal, just have to reload it in Terragen and run a new render.

In relation to the color of the water, I'm still fiddling with the rgb overlay for that. Trying to get it to that darker level without destroying it too much. It's kind of a touch and go thing, one little tweak at a time. I am glad to hear, though, that the other textures are looking realistic. I was a bit worried about the "forest" texture as it looks more like grass to me. But when I did the second render, besides adding in the rgb forest overlay, I fiddled with a few other settings and may have hit on a better way to get things where I want them.

GW
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 11-09-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges