Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Continent of Amalga

Great map but that little whale in the bottom right is looking a little lonely, does it demote a special area/whale or is it just for decoration?

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Just wanted to take a moment and thank you all for the help you have provided. With out you, this map wouldn't look half as good as it does now!

With that said, is there anything else I can do to make it better?

P.S. @LonewandererD: The Whale was meant to be hidden for this version of the map. My next goal is to add some dragons, whales and ships to make the map feel a bit more archaic (and to fill in some of the wide open spots).

What do you think the scale is? How many miles is it from one end to the other?

scale is the stumbling block for me atm

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaRover View Post
    What do you think the scale is? How many miles is it from one end to the other?

scale is the stumbling block for me atm
    Aye for me as well.

Currently, I am beginning the long process of fleshing the world out and, honestly, I think I may have grossly over estimated the size of this 'continent'. You see this world is derived from many different campaigns I have DM/GMed over the years, stitched together to make a pleasing whole.

Looking at all my in games notes, it appears it took a group 3 days of walking to get from Paradise to the mountains at the end of the river that travels north-west of the city.... It was late fall, so let's say they had 9 good hours of walking at roughly a 3 mil per hour pace.... So the distance would be roughly 72 miles.

Using that as a measuring stick, I can (very) roughly say that the land is (around) 4 bars wide and 10 long.... So 288 miles east-west by 720 north-south, giving us a total of 207,360 square miles (roughly). This makes Amalga roughly equal to mainland France.

Now I must decide is this large enough? Perhaps it's too big? Hmm...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123