Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Southern Beledira on parchment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just been looking more closely at the Cartouche. One of the things that does happen often is the "Map Title" is in a very elaborate style but the notes (of all sorts) tend to be plain, excluding the names of nobles (you need to stroke the ego of the people paying you). I'd be doing it something like below, the cyan parts would be ELABORATE fonts (to the point of only just being functionally readable) and the brown would be detailed but plain. It will almost look like older University Degrees (especially from the Traditional Insitutions: Cambridge, Oxford, Yale, USydney, etc).

Map of Southern Beledira
    As commissioned by
    [Lady] Janice Doraxis
    on the third day of Jelenis in the 1550th year of Our Freedom
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut1981 View Post
    Just been looking more closely at the Cartouche. One of the things that does happen often is the "Map Title" is in a very elaborate style but the notes (of all sorts) tend to be plain, excluding the names of nobles (you need to stroke the ego of the people paying you). I'd be doing it something like below, the cyan parts would be ELABORATE fonts (to the point of only just being functionally readable) and the brown would be detailed but plain. It will almost look like older University Degrees (especially from the Traditional Insitutions: Cambridge, Oxford, Yale, USydney, etc).

Map of Southern Beledira
    As commissioned by
    [Lady] Janice Doraxis
    on the third day of Jelenis in the 1550th year of Our Freedom
    nvm I completely missread this...
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123