Thread: [Award Winner] A Hand-drawn Primer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

6. Create a new layer and set the opacity of this layer at 40%. Still using the same brush sketch in some lines - more lines on the shadow side. These lines will define the slopes so make sure that they don't all go the same way. See Pic 6.

7. Create a new layer and set it's opacity at 40%. Do the same thing as in step six but start your lines lower. See Pic 7.

8. Create a new layer and set it's opacity at 40%. Do the same thing as in step seven but start your lines even lower. See Pic 8.

9. Go back on the various layers and brush in some more lines until the valleys are filled in nice and dark. See Pic 9.

10. On the top layer of this shading go to Filter - Blur - Gaussian Blur = 2. On the middle layer blur it 1 and on the bottom layer blur it .5. See Pic 10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 6.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	18430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 7.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	18431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 8.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	18432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 9.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	18433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 10.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	18434  

If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps