Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Race Wars (forum game)

Something deep in the bowels of the earth was moving.
    The drow metropolis beneath the vale of dead men was still, the inhabitants staying inside as much as possible.
    A cold wind was sweeping down from the mountains down the valley and into the caverns below, bringing a bitter chill that no fire could sooth.
    The lich lord Invanus stood on top of one of these mountains, and had been chanting for a week now.
    The winds started to howl, the clouds started to converge.
    In the bowels of the city below, corpses started to turn in their graves, but this lich did not call forth a shambling horde of zombies or skeletons, no, Invanus had greater plans.
    Instead of animating the corpses of the pethatic races that inhabited this realm, he would call forth the souls of daemons and the most malicious of entities dwelling in the shadow realms.
    The few drow that were out could see shadows moving in the alleys, but there would be nobody there.

The citizens heard several screams from outside, and sometimes even from their neighbours. The shadows were released on this city, and are stalking the citizens at this very moment. Not many have died so far, but fear has taken a stranglehold on the minds of the drow citizens.

Undead +1
    Drow -1

Human: 21
    Elves: 25
    Barbarians: 23
    Dwarves: 28
    Dragons: 30
    Undead: 29
    Halflings: 26
    Giants: 24
    Orks: 18
    Drow: 26
    Octoclops:0 (this is what you get for adding the bugger =P )

Would be a shame to let this game die?

After a particularly drunken exchange in a wonderfully seedy tavern (the kind that has furniture that shatters apart so it can be easily reassembled during the day), the Copper Dragon, Ishdishdabeshtchyagot (in humanoid form) spent a few ours "rolling in the straw" with a local who may or may not have been called Thokk Rokskull the Smasha.

At any rate, about 12 months later a slightly off-coloured and strange sized egg was hatched and a stunted little lizard-like thing which tried to walk on two legs was born...

Kobolds: +1
    Dragons: -1

Dragons: 29
    Undead: 29
    Kobolds: 1
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Sweet! I hope you don't mind if I add to your story, Juggernaut1981.

As it turned out, Ishdishdabeshtchyagot laid even more similar eggs, these others apparently having taken longer to mature. Although the Dragon refused to recognize these strange creatures as her children (gotta look after your reputation!), she did display some care for the little mongrels, looking after them until they were ready to leave the home lair.

The Kobolds, as the Dragon had named them, grew up incredibly quickly, apparently reaching maturity in less than a decade. One day they ventured out to the world led by the brave first-born, who mysteriously seemed wiser, stronger and hardier than the rest, and who displayed some natural talents for sorcery. This great wondrous Kobold, who would be known as the famous Pun-Pun, became something of a deific figure to his race; an object of worship and reverence.

As they were looking for a suitable homeland to settle, the first generation of Kobolds came across a lush valley full of ruins. The place had once been inhabited by mammalian humanoids of short stature, but now it was a dead land, ravaged by undead plague. On the first night in the valley the Kobold camp was attacked by a horde of halfling zombies, but this menace was quickly defeated when Pun-Pun appeared, levitating over the battlefield and breathed fire on the cadavers. Following this victory the Kobolds set out to cleanse the entire valley of undead presense, and made the land their own.

Kobolds: +1
    Undead: -1

Undead: 28
    Kobolds: 2

Haven't been participating but have been following along. Nice work on the kobold genesis.
    M

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Heh, makes me think I should have given the octoclops a point then

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Heh, makes me think I should have given the octoclops a point then
    Write up another blurb and then add him to the list.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

@Ghostman: I feel the urge to inject some Terry Pratchett style moments into this game, so no I don't mind further embellishment on the ongoing personal life of Ishdishdabeshtchyagot.

Alone, from the tower overlooking the valley sat Lord Charnseller of Da'esh-Chekka. "These small lizard folk could prove a great weapon against the humans and dwarves. A legion of expendable skinks that I can coerce into creating more corpses to build my future army from. They will no doubt be good antagonists for Orks and Dwarves... Yes. I will 'assist' these Lizard-folk..."

In the coming days he left diagrams for traps, and appeared to different clan members giving them visions of tunnel systems and great hordes of lizard folk. From among the hundreds of skinks rose a new leader, a humble skink named Thatcher. They felt compelled to lead the Kobolds into a great and powerful era that would last generations. So they began to conquer the older sections of orc and goblin burrows.

Kobolds +1
    Orcs -1

Undead: 28
    Orks: 17
    Kobolds: 3
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

My Lulu Store

*bump to top*

My Lulu Store

Yeah, I'm kinda waiting on Karro to come back by before doing my next bit.
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Geuss I'll make another go, just to keep some activity going.
    And since the kobolds were added =P

The shadows beneath the vale of dead men started to stir at the liches command. The lich invoked horrible magicks using rituals one more morbid and horrible than the other, invoking the very essence of the realm of shadows and the abyssal planes. Binding daemons to shadow and pure shadow to the souls of dead men, the shadows became ever more violent and evil. News spread through the drow city like wildfire about atrocities that were unheard of even to their race. Corpses mangled and fused into walls, entrails being spinned into webs and souls being turned part to decaying flesh.
    But the shadows were not content, the lich calling to them attracted their attention. Like a brightly shining sun of vile and dark energies.
    The drow lost sight of the lich not long after the atrocities started to happen, some say the shadows destroyed him, some say they consumed him. One thing was for sure, a terrible new evil was unleashed upon the world seeking dark magicks to sustain it.

undead -1
    Shadow Daemons +1

Undead: 27
    Orks: 17