Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Race Wars (forum game)

With a cacophony of gurgling snarls and wails like the damned souls they are, the Undead rose up and fell upon the Shadow Daemons, the sheer bulk of their writhing mass overwhelming the still weak new race.

Undead +1
    Shadow Daemons -1
    Human: 21
    Elves: 25
    Barbarians: 23
    Dwarves: 28
    Dragons: 29
    Undead: 28
    Halflings: 26
    Giants: 24
    Orks: 17
    Drow: 26
    Kobolds: 3
    Shadow Daemons: 0
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Shadow Daemons reduced to 0 and thus eliminated

-------

When news reached Halfling villages that the former Halfling homeland of Adder Valley was no longer haunted by Undead, but had instead become colonized by strange little lizard-beings, a group of overconfident Halflings decided that they should raise an army and take back that land. They went from village to village, rousing the short folk to take up arms and rally under their banner. A kind of Halfling crusade was thus formed, with many brave peasants equipping themselves with slings, clubs and stout spears and joining the march toward the valley. The expedition was highly motivated, almost fanatical, but rather poorly organized. When they arrived in Adder Valley, the ragtag army headed straight toward the ruins of the nearest Halfling town, unheedful of the more experienced warriors' pleas for greater caution. Their foolhardy enthusiasm led to a quick and devastating defeat, as they marched blindly into an ambush and found themselves at a crossfire of poisoned arrows. The Kobolds, who strenghtened their hold on the valley, were most pleased with the effectiveness of their ploy. From that day on, ambushes and trickery became the race's preferred way of war.

Kobolds: +1
    Halflings: -1

Dragons: 29
    Halflings: 25
    Kobolds: 4

And so, verily did the Dragons smite the Kobolds. Yeah verily were they smited. Smited they were, indeed....verily. And in their smiting the Dragons did say, 'thou art smited.' And the Kobolds did reply, 'yea, verily we are smited indeed.'

So the smitten Kobolds (for indeed they were verily smitten), did cast down their weapons and pray to the Kobold Gods.

'Why oh, Gods have we been smitten so? We are but mere Kobolds with 1D4 hit points apiece.'

And their God did answer:

'For it is the fate of the Kobold to be smitten....even by the level 1 wizard with a dagger. So it is written.'

and the Kobolds Wept.

Dragons: +1
    Kobolds: -1

Dragons: 30
    Kobolds: 3

Deep within the kobold valley, some genius forgot to pay the power bill. Consequently several hundred thousand kobolds had nothing to do after dinner.

Kobolds +1

Dragons: 30
    Kobolds: 4
    TV Producers & Electricians: -1
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

glad to see the thread descend into sillyness

Glad to be of assistance
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

My Lulu Store

Quote Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
    glad to see the thread descend into sillyness
    Wait, you mean that wasn't the prime goal?
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Notsonoble View Post
    Yeah, I'm kinda waiting on Karro to come back by before doing my next bit.
    I was waiting to see whether the thread would stay permanently silly (in which case what I had originally planned would no longer be in the vein of the direction of the overall thread) or whether the silly aspect was a temporary deviation. Looks like the former, so I may have to completely rethink my approach...
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Karro View Post
    I was waiting to see whether the thread would stay permanently silly (in which case what I had originally planned would no longer be in the vein of the direction of the overall thread) or whether the silly aspect was a temporary deviation. Looks like the former, so I may have to completely rethink my approach...
    On second thought... this thread started silly (I mean... halflings grinding up zombie bones as an aphrodisiac and reproducing like rabbits?)...
    So maybe it doesn't matter?
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Karro> embrace your inner Terry Pratchett, Monty Python, Graeme Garden and Goon Show. Let the absurdity run rampant...

By the way... WILL SOMEONE HAVE A TURN????

My Lulu Store

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast