Thread: Roofing?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Roofing?

So this is a map I've been trying to do (in GIMP) and I'm having a few problems.
    first of which is the mountain and the desert which are ending up with a sort of dull rosey color that I don't particularly like, any suggestions on making them more natural? Second it is a mandalorian base so I'm in need of some guidance on how to go about doing the roofing and making realistic buildings this close up. I'm still a beginner (in case you haven't already noticed )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	18741

Next keeping with my Star Wars themed I tried to do an orbital view of Coruscant using this. For those uninformed: Coruscant is a planet covered entirely in city. I tried to get a purple haze over it and I think the planet is fine, but I was wondering if anyone else does moons, since Coruscant has 4 of them, how can I make them all individual and not like I copy pasted them like in the picture?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coruscant.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	18742

any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ISGC; 11-19-2009 at 02:55 PM.
    "I want to have a party, I want to have a party, I want to have a party, you cannot kill the party, you cannot kill the party, you cannot kill the party, long live the party!" -- Andrew WK (Long Live the Party)