Thread: CC3 patch includes anti-aliasing. Does it work?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I can see them all, and the anti-aliased ones look fantastic! The trees in the Vampire's Castle benefited greatly, even more than the text, I think. Thanks, jaerdaph!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I can see them all, and the anti-aliased ones look fantastic! The trees in the Vampire's Castle benefited greatly, even more than the text, I think. Thanks, jaerdaph!
    My pleasure! I also like how the walls in the vampire's castle now look anti-aliased. Adding this feature is a pretty big deal that's going to change how people look at maps made with CC3. I can't thank them enough for adding this!

FYI: I think Profantasy is waiting a couple of days until they officially announce this patch to the public at large, but it is available now from everyone's registration page at profantasy.com. I think they wanted a few of us who've been using the software for awhile now to "kick the tires" a bit just in case, so they've only announced it on the mailing list. I still use WinXP so I can't comment, but initial reports from the Vista/Windows 7 CC3 users all sound positive - this latest patch fixes a lot of the issues folks using those OS's have been having.

There's other new things too, like a new sheet effect (Blur, alpha) and that minor bug that required you to draw a fractal path first and erase it before you could get the fractal poly tool to work has been fixed.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales