I have always been interested in applying a finishing touch to my CC maps with a package like illustrator. However, one thing I've learned is that too much detail kills the usability of the map as much as too little. As much as I've wanted to at times, I've come to realize that a map is a 'concept' and its job is to provide a rapid and easily assimilated overview of what the audience needs to know: geographic, demographic, etc. If you attempt to 'show' everything (every forest, the difference between woods, and wooded grasslands, etc) then you start taking the mystery out of the mix, and overstimulating the viewer. It is a hard mix to master. So, ultimately, I stay away from the use of multiple tools (I admit, I love the looks of some maps that have adobe finishing touches, though). Also, I sort of believe that by really immersing myself into CC3, I can learn all the nuances, and pull every ounce of capabilities it has, and there is a lot it can do that folks may not realize, and I don't realize, until I challenge myself to create a certain effect.