Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Saderan – a tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Vascant View Post
    First step on page 5 talks about using Group with previous, in CS2+ this is now Create clipping mask.
    You are right.
    That issue came up on page 3 of this very thread.
    I should really get this into the document along with the "river fix" I mentioned here.

I'm pretty swamped at the moment but I'll get to it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tear View Post
    You are right.
    That issue came up on page 3 of this very thread.
    I should really get this into the document along with the "river fix" I mentioned here.

I'm pretty swamped at the moment but I'll get to it eventually.
    duh, I should really learn to read all the posts in a thread.

Well I muddled my way through the tutorial. I too ran in to the demon that was Create Clipping Mask. Luckily after a moment of frustration I looked back at this thread for help and found just the clarification I was looking for.

I have to say that this is an excellent tutorial and I really appreciated the step by step instructions as well as the menu item clarifications in red. When in the middle of a big project like this the last thing you want to do is to have to stop and look up how to do a command that is mentioned in passing.

So I now have a very sweet looking map for my home brew campaign. My players should be very pleased. I know I am. Just got to get names plastered all over this baby and I should be ready to roll.

My map

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks good Trog.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The document in the first post of the thread was updated to address the issues that came up.

The document in the first post of the thread was updated to address the issues that came up.
    Awesome, Tear. That is customer-service at its finest. Thanks again, highly appreciated! I'll give you rep if i can.

(we need a "thumbs up" smilie )
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thanks, I am slowly working my way through it (while I am renovating the kitchen)

Thank you for the wonderful tutorial. I used it as my introduction to Photoshop 7.0 and got hung up in a few steps only because of my unfamiliarity with the program. I will definitely be giving it another shot, now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing.

As you can see, the result of my efforts is not as defined as it should be, probably because I slacked on a few layers. I like the way the rivers turned out but next time I'll make them darker. I think my elevation and forest layers are a bit weak, and I also need to add more lakes. Overall, I spent at least 12 hours on this map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Testfinal.png 
Views:	486 
Size:	397.2 KB 
ID:	20263  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think it looks pretty good, especially for a first run through.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Did a quick glance over and can tell this will help me endlessly in my campaign to build my first map. Many thanks for taking the time to make it, share it, and helping us newbs out.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast