Thread: [Award Winner] Saderan – a tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The scale of the mountains I did was out of choice. I was going for a whole world and wanted to keep the scale in a range that I thought worked.
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Thanks a lot! I loved your map and wanted to make as ggod as yours. I'll try to follow your tutorial for the one I'm making right now!
    This is the link to my DA page. There's no maps yet, but some photos I would like to show to everyone. If you like one don't be shy and comment. Thank you!

Holy cow, even the tutorial is gorgeous.

Map I don't believe it, my first map in Photoshop

Just wanted to thank 'Tear' for producing such a 'kick ass' tutorial and upload my first ever map using photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PS 1 Final.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	385.6 KB 
ID:	19224  

Blog Entries

Why isn't this tutorial 5-star rated yet? :s

Every man and his dog wants a Tear map making for their story at the moment and this little puppy tells you exactly how to make one. Come on people... rate this sucker up so that it can claim its rightful place in the pantheon of rather smug, medal-wearing tutorials that jeer at lesser tuts.

Apart from that, I've had a few hours testing this out tonight and so far I am very pleased with the results. It's very easy to follow apart from the previously mentioned Clipping Mask confusion and also I found a place or two in the ocean section where it could do with telling you to deselect your alpha selection.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish the tut tomorrow and I'll post up my results so that Tear can recieve a warm, glowy feeling inside.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Why isn't this tutorial 5-star rated yet? :s

Every man and his dog wants a Tear map making for their story at the moment and this little puppy tells you exactly how to make one. Come on people... rate this sucker up so that it can claim its rightful place in the pantheon of rather smug, medal-wearing tutorials that jeer at lesser tuts.
    I was wondering the same thing too. Pleased to say that it now is and that Tear has received his just reward!

Thanks for the good advice, everyone!

Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Awesome. Looking forward to giving this a try. Very well done.