Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hand-drawn map elements

Blog Entries

Oh, and as I haven't posted these already I may as well do so now before I trot off to bed.

The first is the outline of the churches I did. I've cleaned this up a lot and fixed some issues with it being a little warped.

Name:  Churches.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  29.1 KB

The next one is a few more castle variations. I thought I had done another with the fairytale castle plonked directly in the square-towered wall but I guess not. That's another on my to-do list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castles.jpg 
Views:	1966 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	19370

Once I've done some more city icons and shaded them then I'll re-upload a brush pack. Maybe it would be better to upload two so the outline brushes can be kept separate. I do intend to shade all the outlines by the way.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

This stuff really is pure gold. Thanks!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

great job. having a whole library of these brushes and objects is great. Sharing them with everyone is also great.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That gets me to thinking, maybe you might want to do a tut for helping people build up their own brush/stamp libraries...like what sort of things they're going to need, keeping perspectives aligned, stuff like that. It's one thing for us all to take your stuff and use it but then all of our maps look the same so if we could do our own then we each get to add our own flavor. Sure, not everyone is an artist but for those of us who are I think that could be quite handy.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

You're probably right, Ascension but I'm sure someone else could write such a tutorial better than me. I've just been thinking about it and I'm just not sure how much I could write about it. I might give it a crack later and see if I can write enough content to make it worthwhile.

Right, here are the latest city images. I've only added one more new outline at the moment but the night is still young. What I have done though is shaded it and also shaded the other two that I posted last night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City3.jpg 
Views:	971 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	19389

Gonna do a couple more and then leave cities for a while.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think you'd be perfect. You've done a bunch and therefore have a working knowledge that the rest of us don't have...I've only done a handful and you could give pointers on shading that I couldn't. Anyways, up to you my friend.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Not that I do the perspective sort of mapping but I am going to say it too...

This stuff is pure gold !

Watch the cogs of the rep counter spin round....

Those last few symbols... wow, amazing... I feel a map itch. M-must resist.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Novice

Thank you Ramah! Those are priceless

rep added

Oh, I don't think it is a question of a tutorial. I know what I need to make icons like that. I need to practice lots of drawing until I get much, much better at it. Mine look like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	village.jpg 
Views:	1391 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	19433  

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast