Thread: Practice castle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Man there are a million little things to check, double-check, and triple-check. Make sure all the doors aligned properly, make sure they are the same size, make sure they are in the same position in the wall, make sure that the layers are arranged properly...blah. Details, details, details. And each of those little steps takes a long time to check and redo if necessary. If you think cities are tedious wait til you try this. Of course, I'm probably being way too anal and precise about it but, hey, my first one, right?

I've spent the past few evenings doing all of this tedium and finally got to start decorating tonight...added proper fringe for my rugs, did the landscaping, and squared away the throne-room. The next step will be to place windows so that light can fall on the floors (will make a brush of light coming through a window and then "stamp" that all over) and then I'll start putting in torches and candles (simple dots with glows) for light sources and then the furniture (simple square brushes with some roundness tweaks to make them into rectangles).

Kind of fun once you get to this stage but getting to this stage is the hard part. I've used just about every trick I know of to get here (it's all filters, patterns, colors, glows, etc. nothing from Dunjinni or other similar sites) and it looks pretty decent so that makes it all rewarding. The only thing not mine is the patterns (all defaults except for the blocks) and the only things hand-drawn are the walls and doors. It's all very much like Sigurd warns about being "dollhouse" so that worries me a bit...but I use "action figures" instead

Anyway, here's where I am right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2a.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	4.49 MB 
ID:	19205  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps