Thread: Practice castle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

So here's where I am now. I spent the day using a 20-pixel hard square pencil making rooms; 10, 8 and 5 for the halls, and then tracing walls with a 1 or 2 pixel pencil. Separate everything into layers, increased the image size, and gave them some styles and shadows. The moat needs work but I haven't worked on it very much cuz my focus is architecture right now. Technical work like this takes a long time for me cuz I obsess over the details..."this wall is 1 pixel off so I have to redo everything" kind of obsession.

The stairs were fun, though. Make a circle, give it a gradient overlay with a style of angle, flatten it out, then copy and past it into the other stairwells. A little black pencil to define the steps further then mess with the blend mode. I can see myself doing all sorts of pixel tables and pixel wardrobes and pixel desks...I'm like that sometimes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2a.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	19053  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps