Thread: A tentative attempt at hemispherical map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip A tentative attempt at hemispherical map

I recently discovered the joy of the warp tool in photoshop and while playing around with it I threw together a very incomplete map of my world as viewed from the poles. The left-hand circle is the southern hemisphere and the right-hand is the northern.

I'm pretty happy with the general look of things though it lacks enough land masses at present and I'm not sure where to place them at the moment. I know the ocean counter-clockwise of the largish continent in the south has a number of scattered islands that I've only just begun to work on in terms of mapping, so there is something, but the northern hemisphere is giving me some pause as to the placement of heretofore unknown landmasses.

Also, I will be adding major terrain features such as mountains and the more important rivers once I find a good archaic looking way of doing that. Countries as well, might make an appearance.

Any ideas, advice, critiques, and the like are, of course, welcome.

--

Damn: hemispherical, the title should read "hemispherical map". The joys of not looking over one's writing . . . .yeesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	19045  
    Last edited by Sular; 11-29-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: noting a mistake of monumental proportions