Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: put your old maps here

Cool. I like the area very much and it looks good. I already have questions as a PC, like what happened to the broken dock.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Ah yes, it's in the alchemist's quarter so things had a tendency to blow up

Guild Member

Like several others, I've gotten rid of my old maps. Most of them are actual adventuring maps drawn with a 3-d like POV like warcraft/diablo, etc that usually spanned some 10 or so pages (8"x11" paper). I still have one of them though, that only spans 3 pages and is still some 10-11 years old.

I'll see if I can get it scanned and assembled for all to view.

I have one made with CC2 that I've used in-person and still do.
    ADS Selena System : 1024x768 : 27.67 KB (28,333 bytes)
    http://www.2thextreme.org/OpenRPG/ADS_Node.gif

All my maps and stuff are for my freeform homebrewed game.

Ya' I'm new here. I registered last night but didnt post anything. :p
    Last edited by MGCJerry; 09-20-2007 at 10:37 PM.

Guild Journeyer

I'll take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Glenn "Zilla" and I have been playing D&D since the red basic box. I am about to resume a game for 7 players. Sadly we've outgrown our moniker the "Six Pack of Hack".

We've tinkered with message boards and online tools to organize a game but I find that I do most of it in a simple HTML editor while my isn't looking at work.

Here's links to two previous settings:

Aeatas de Fumo - Inspired by Venice after I got back from my honeymoon there, I dragged my gaming group on a whirlwind tour of a canal city named "Palus". The map I have still online is an early incarnation of it and the newer copy is lost to a crashed hard drive. www.Glennzilla.com/aetasdefumo (Note: I stole heavily from Privateer Press' Warmachine setting.) The DM information is here: www.Glennzilla.com/aetasdefumo/DM

Then we decided to try collaborative world building. Our Zarath campaign began with a couple of brainstorming sessions and after sketching a map on the back of my notes, I made this map of the world. www.Glennzilla.com/d20 And the DM information is here: www.Glennzilla.com/d20/DM

Both websites are incomplete as I stopped updating my notes in the HTML editor and started using a MS Word file instead. But if anyone is curious I used photoshop exclusively for the maps contained in those links. And of course I am here to learn how to do it a little better.

I like those mountains!

Well, here are a few from an old MERP game. The first (assuming they appear in the order I uploaded them) is a hand-drawn map of the entire campaign area (east of Mordor). The second is an AutoRealm map of the kingdom of Relmether, which can be seen in the wide map near the upper right. That one attempt was my only use of AutoRealm--it wasn't any quicker than drawing by hand, and it didn't look much better.

The last map is the fief awarded to one PC in return for services to the crown of Gondor. Accompanying that map are two pages of economic information that were generated as she began building her castle. My next message will have a bit more about the castle and floor plans of the two lower levels. The third level seems to have vanished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	east of mordor.gif 
Views:	235 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	relmether - autorealm.gif 
Views:	194 
Size:	395.1 KB 
ID:	906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kestrin wide.gif 
Views:	66 
Size:	1,002.7 KB 
ID:	907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kestrin econ.gif 
Views:	105 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kestrin econ2.gif 
Views:	99 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	909  

Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Levels 1 and 2 of Kestrin's keep, with accompanying legends. And a breakdown of the castle's staff.

Floorplans alone are all well and good, but the accompanying economic information was where a lot of the detail work went in this creation.

In deference to the outhouse thread in the buildings forum, I should mention that an earlier draft of this castle also showed the exterior chutes that emptied the privies into a below-ground cesspool. I believe the pit was intended to eventually empty into the river, but I don't think I ever got around to mapping the sublevels.

Name:	kestrin lv1.gif 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kestrin lv1 legend.gif 
Views:	80 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kestrin lv2.gif 
Views:	103 
Size:	270.6 KB 
ID:	914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kestrin lv2 legend.gif 
Views:	81 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kestrin staff.gif 
Views:	100 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	916  

And one more. This isn't a physical map, but a relationship map I drew up for an Unknown Armies campaign. I thought it might be interesting to illustrate that not all maps need to detail space.

Name:	UA relationship map.gif 
Views:	1312 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	917  

Quote Originally Posted by GlennZilla View Post
    I'll take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Glenn "Zilla" and I have been playing D&D since the red basic box. I am about to resume a game for 7 players. Sadly we've outgrown our moniker the "Six Pack of Hack".

We've tinkered with message boards and online tools to organize a game but I find that I do most of it in a simple HTML editor while my isn't looking at work.

Here's links to two previous settings:

Aeatas de Fumo - Inspired by Venice after I got back from my honeymoon there, I dragged my gaming group on a whirlwind tour of a canal city named "Palus". The map I have still online is an early incarnation of it and the newer copy is lost to a crashed hard drive. www.Glennzilla.com/aetasdefumo (Note: I stole heavily from Privateer Press' Warmachine setting.) The DM information is here: www.Glennzilla.com/aetasdefumo/DM

Then we decided to try collaborative world building. Our Zarath campaign began with a couple of brainstorming sessions and after sketching a map on the back of my notes, I made this map of the world. www.Glennzilla.com/d20 And the DM information is here: www.Glennzilla.com/d20/DM

Both websites are incomplete as I stopped updating my notes in the HTML editor and started using a MS Word file instead. But if anyone is curious I used photoshop exclusively for the maps contained in those links. And of course I am here to learn how to do it a little better.

Welcome Glenzilla!

Ravs

Quote Originally Posted by GlennZilla View Post
    Aeatas de Fumo - Inspired by Venice after I got back from my honeymoon there, I dragged my gaming group on a whirlwind tour of a canal city named "Palus". The map I have still online is an early incarnation of it and the newer copy is lost to a crashed hard drive. www.Glennzilla.com/aetasdefumo (Note: I stole heavily from Privateer Press' Warmachine setting.)
    Canals......we likes canals ......

-Rob A>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12