Thread: Found it!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Thanks for the "warm" welcome! Ha ha ha

To answer your questions I like to say my writing is akin to CS Lewis.

Here is what I have done. I have created a world which existed before the Garden of Eden.

(There are those who believe that there was an original creation which was destroyed at Satan's rebellion. Thus, the Genesis account of creation is a re-creation (I do not hold to this)).

In this original creation there is still God, man's fallen nature, and good verses evil. However, I am free to change the rules a little bit to include magic, monsters (they are a hybred of the fallen angels mixing with human women- Genesis Ch 6), and other fantasy elements.

I have finished the first novel and am working on the second. Now, before I go too much further I need to map all this out and also document the history. In the end I hope to write a myriad of novels (much like the Dragonlance series) and then possibly open in up to other writers.

I have been working on this for about a year now. I started to develop a video game to mirror the novels but it is too much a stretch. So I am backing up and focusing on the writing.

PS- I am also an Army Chaplain...

Thanks for asking!
    Chaplain

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome. I like adding religion to my worlds but I'm what you would call a bad-boy Catholic. I've been adding angels and demons, instead of monsters, to my stuff since I was a teen so I'd certainly back you up on your endeavors and hope to buy your work someday.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for the explanation. I like twists like that. Oh, and, former Army here...MI though, no greater calling.
    M