Thread: Road structure and representation...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cheers GP

I'm the DM, cartographer and campaign designer so I have a free hand... Except that I am a slave to internal consistency

Drawing parallels between Nerath and the Romans is handy in a lot of ways and the empire only left the local campaign area about 100 years ago so their roads are still very servicable.

But I still have the problem of placing both types of road on my map, making them distinct from one another and still aesthetically pleasing

Right now I am thinking a light fawn/brown dotted line for the non-imperial roads and the yellow/black dashed style for the imperial roads... And am hoping it won't be too garish
    -doug

Quote Originally Posted by surfarcher View Post
    Right now I am thinking a light fawn/brown dotted line for the non-imperial roads and the yellow/black dashed style for the imperial roads... And am hoping it won't be too garish
    Black & Yellow are the one of the highest contrast colour combinations, hence their use in things such as crash test simulations, road signs and measuring tapes.

I'd suggest, solid and outlined. Local roads would get the "outline" and Imperial Roads would get solid.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store