Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 27][Town 01]Argria

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I did a 'Circus Maximus' for my Shadizaar map and posted the .PSD file if you're interested.

Not sure how well it would work with your map, but your welcome to use it if you like.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Weird...reply vanished. So, anyway, thanks for reminding me of that map. Very nice and that's a great building. It's a different style than I've got here but I will certainly be happy to steal some of the architectural ideas like that barrier in the center...hadn't thought about that (refs? what's that? lol. maybe I should look at some once in a while). Thanks again.
    M

The stones used for building don't have to be granite. Think of the Egyptian pyramids, who are made from limestone (not sure). Just google desert fort. Should be clear enough what material were used most of the time.

Absolutely. I just like grey stone so was trying to find a reason to use it. Anyway, here's a whole city view as it stands now. Filled in the small tents; still trying to figure out to do with the bigger ones. I took a shortcut on the shading for roofs with inclines, using a bevel layer style. I might go back later and redo it by hand but it doesn't look to bad so I might just bank that time for other stuff. There's certainly still much refinement that could happen but I'm going to focus on detailing some area a bit to see how it looks.
    M

[edit]BTW, I do intend that the tents will be colorful affairs...the current "white beveled hump" thing is just to establish shape for now.[/edit]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argria---300ppi..jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	22786  

Looks great. Love the style.

A little bit more progress. Also, cropped it a bit and added back in my titles, compass rose, etc. from the AI file.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argria---300ppi..jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	22817  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that looks really good ... great shadows and nice buildings - love it!
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Looks great actually.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice! I wonder if applying the same bevels, etc. to the compass rose would work to give it a similar effect?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks.

I might redo the titles, etc. to match the map style more closely...these were just something I came up with when I first started making building shapes in Illustrator and wanted something that stood out. Now it stands out a bit too much. This isn't something I'm great at doing so I'll have to play with it some to see what I can come up with.

Also, my district names still suck so if anyone has any suggestions...
    M

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast