Thread: Hi there!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just a quick heads up. If you intend your map for print, there are considerations (such as the resolution you draw it at), also decide if you're map is going to print in colour, greyscale or black and white.

Greyscale is not just black against white but incorporates greys as well. If all you have is black in on white paper you need to be a little more imaginative about getting 'greys' like using spots of black.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Oh, I haven't even thought about printing yet. But the map itself is coloured (ancient brownish) and the resolution I'm currently working with is about 12 megapixels. If I'm going to print I'd definately like to have it coloured and readable without the paper being too large. Right now I'm thinking about a map similar to the one that came with TES:Oblivion (in case you know that one). But such a map, of course, wouldn't quite fit into the book.

However, for now I'm just happy with the map being digital. Further consideration about printing and redesigning for the book will be done once it's finished. Thanks for the heads up though.