Thread: The Darklands

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Wip

Well, it's been almost a week, and i've got a little work done, enough to repost.

I kept trying to do the trees, redo the trees, redo them again, scrapped that and redid them yet again... and then realized i wasn't getting anywhere. Plus I started getting feedback from others on the project (finally!) regarding placements, so i figured i'd work that in before i try the forests yet again. (might work better if i'm not in a drug induced haze while working, that can get get very tedious, heh - and for those who don't know of my situation, that's not as bad a statement as it sounds at first, lol)

Anyhow, reworked a few mountains, added some rivers, readjusted the scale (it's now approx the size of africa in square miles rather than europe, asia, india and greenland all mashed together). Also named everything but one ocean, and reworked the Kraken Islands to be ground zero of a massive comet impact. Oh, and redid the compass rose, I rather like it now.

Looks like a lot more work than it is when i write it out like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feedback.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	19598  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."