Thread: The Known World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Like the map a lot. I'm with ravs that the drop shadow is quite far offset. The text is hard to read in many places cos its black on shapes with a dark brown edge. The bottom islands look like the "Isles of E" to me. Perhaps moving the text into the sea or having a fade around the black or using a different color would help with this. Its probably a lot of work to fix any of this on this map but bear that in mind for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I'm with ravs that the drop shadow is quite far offset. The text is hard to read in many places cos its black on shapes with a dark brown edge.
    Is the drop shadow still too far off in the second iteration? I tried to pull it in tighter. Maybe it wasn't enough...

What if I did the drop shadow in a white instead? Would that just look bizarre?

Maybe I'll replace it with a glow. Or do a glow and a drop shadow. I'll play with it.

As of now, this map is still a live vector file with everything split into layers, so the types of modifications you're talking about should be relatively easy.

Also, what do people think about the font switch? I think it looks good from afar, but I'm worried about legibility.
    _ben