Thread: Richer background/relief

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

su,
    hey, you should buy this book while you still can, it looks like ESRI and many others have pulled it. but it's the only one left i think with a one-year version of 9.2 for $76.00. it's a great deal, you can add arcscene and arcglobe when installing too. i found one place still selling it:
    http://www.seekbooks.com.au/book/Map...1589481817.htm

and that seamless server...always been clunky. it used to be a little faster, but never great. make sure to turn off unneeded layers in the directory to the right, because it may have many turned on when you first boot in, and leave plenty of time for screen refreshes. if you target a big area for download, you'll still wind up ith many grid files to download, and then seam together in a raster catalog to even get them to look good. pain in the ...
    maybe you knew that, idk.

yeah, i love the raster. guess it shows. any hillshades or dem's i use, i have manipulated them pretty good to get a look i like, or is needed. some backgrounds are even 2,3,4, layers of raster to a final look underneath. then there's the usual contrast, trans, bright, etc.

you know what i really want? the Map-Publisher plug-in for Adobe.
    talk about some pricey stuff though...
    Last edited by hubbardmapworks; 12-12-2009 at 10:28 PM.