Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: December Entry: Yuleblood

Post Plate 9: Kobold go "snap"

Plate 9: Kobold go "snap"

This was a toughy, I'm not a Kobold fan, never actually ran into one in D&D in my entire 30+ years playin' the game, but it had to be done (Juggernaut's fault!)

Finally done though.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yuleblood9.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	710.4 KB 
ID:	19465  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-13-2009 at 11:26 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip Plate 10: Drow baby, baby...

Plate 10: Drow baby, baby...

I needed at least one hot chick for the book, so the Drow priestess is it. Added a friend for her. The Orc is making fun of her in the background.

Enjoy!

GP

Name:	yuleblood10.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	732.7 KB 
ID:	19476  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Plate 11: Tattooed barbarian...

Plate 11: Tattooed Barbarian...

Just started, no tattoos, no orc, no background - this is the base. I'll finish this tomorrow. All I got left is two stanzas, both orcs partying and gift to the First Orc ancestor. Then I will begin the map, after which I have a cover design to do and the title page, then I will be complete. Few more days and this is done.

Enjoy!

Edit: I just did the tattoos, so I'm uploading that - and now I'm going to bed...

GP

Name:	yuleblood11.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	348.0 KB 
ID:	19477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yuleblood11a.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	360.1 KB 
ID:	19478  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-14-2009 at 05:31 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

More excellent drawings

I especially like the big spider in the drow plate. Nasty looking critter...

Wip Plate 11: Tattooed Highland Barbarian

Plate 11: Tattooed Highland Barbarian

Barbarian Head Soup...

GP

Name:	yuleblood11.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	552.3 KB 
ID:	19500  
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Plate 12: Offer to First Orc

Plate 12: Offer to First Orc

Looks like "man's sister" - the daughter/fat farmer's wife head for an offering.

Got one more story illustration, then I'll do the map, followed by the Cover Design, then title page --- almost finished!

Enjoy!

GP

Name:	yuleblood12.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	877.1 KB 
ID:	19516  
    DrivethruRPG store

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Barbarian Head Soup! Sounds delicious.

Wip Elflands part of the map...

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Barbarian Head Soup! Sounds delicious.
    LOL!

Got bored of doing illustrations, but I'll get back to it when I'm done with the map. So I just started working on the Elflands portion of the map. I'm going to make the structures somewhat oversized as they are as much labels as depictions of what's there.

Question, is this too detailed, so far. I started by drawing at much larger scale then shrink to fit my needs. Is this too detailed?

Instead of a map created by orcs - huh, orcs don't need maps. This is a map of the region provided by the bard who assembled this document, translating the tale from the Orcish to Common, which is by far less pretty (the bard came by the tale while being stored in an orc pantry one winter night. He saved himself by singing a song of praise to the First Orc Ancestor, in the limited Orcish he had known...)

GP

Edit: yech, I didn't like that halo shadow thing, so I dropped it, lightened, changed the purple to more of a blue - I think this is better.

Still undecided if this is too light, and the lines too fine... I can always upscale the map area, so the graphics stay the same, but I've got more room to place regions of the map...

Name:	orc-map1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	19546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orc-map2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	19548  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-16-2009 at 04:14 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Added the Fens...

Added the Great Fens, land of the men in stone towers - I have yet to add the towers. Moving right along. Notice I left a blank area on the edges to place a border later on. Note I made the Elven castle smaller.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	orc-map-next.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	19563  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-16-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Need to redraw the Fen at larger scale...

On review, I think I'll draw the Fen marsh grass at larger scale so I can shrink it down to match the line style of the forest.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast