Thread: An introduction to me and my vast project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

I'll put them into the last post, it just seemed better form to update the first post, rather than post at each update, as it would be more difficult to find the updated posts and it would use more bandwidth for the site unless I go back and edit the posts to delete them. As for the sketchiness, it's mainly because I don't want to commit to something before I get a good feel for the land-masses and the mountain structures.

And, jbgibson, thank-you for the post. I'll have to review it more closely when I am at my computer rather than huddling in a room shielding myself from the sudden snow and typing on my iPhone. From what I have read it sounds quite helpful. My current idea for the land-masses was to sketch out a general globe that I liked and then play with FT until I found something that looked similar. I will try what you've suggested as soon as I am home (Monday or Tuesday).

I will likely be taking thorough notes for a few more years, maybe five-ten. Once I have a detailed outline of all thirty books in a chapter-by-chapter lineup I will begin writing. If I die, there should be more than enough for anyone to take over, but I admittedly hope not to. If I manage to get published and make it my living I am fairly confident that I can pump them out fairly quickly, as I have filled out detailed outlines as far as fifteen-to-twenty thousand words in a day. Albeit a long day. The part I -must- focus on now, though, is the notes themselves. I am really just toying with different worlds for a long time because I want to be absolutely certain I like it before I make it my world.
    Last edited by Godon; 12-18-2009 at 08:15 PM.