Thread: My First Project in Illustrator

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, now this seems to be less of an experiment with using a particular tool(Illustrator) than the beginnings of a serious attempt at worldbuilding. Wish me luck .

Most of what I've done tonight is resiting the region a bit further south. It seemed a little too tropical for my tastes, with Kobenhag on the southern island being at about 23.5ºS. I pushed it down 20º to place Kobenhag at about 43.5º S. This seemed more in line with what I wanted this place to be. The southernmost parts of the landmass will be below the arctic... er antarctic circle. I also think the planet will be a bit cooler, making Kobenhag just a touch more European/Nordic in feel.

Also, I needed to get things lined up a little better so that my elevation map would register properly with the imagery. Things were just slightly cackeyed before.

I've uploaded the worldmap with the region in its new location as well as a globe image from ArcGlobe to give a sense of where this place would lie in the real world. I decided not to upload another image of the region as it really hasn't changed yet. Also, for some bizarre reason, even though it is in the same resolution, etc., the map export comes out ten times as big as the world version(??!?), and is too big to upload here. I'm sure if I opened it in Photoshop and used the web export option I could bring it down to size, but... ten times!?

Anyway, I don't think anyone can fault me for not having things to scale this time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewWorldMap.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	810.3 KB 
ID:	19473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewRegionGlobe.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	470.2 KB 
ID:	19475  
    Last edited by su_liam; 12-14-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Replace *s with ºs. I love my Mac...