Thread: Maps for AD&D Campaign

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Question Maps for AD&D Campaign

Hi All,

I am a total noob and just found this site. I'm not sure what the going rate would be, but I would love to get some maps made up. I have an overall campaign map, about 12 small city maps and a larger town map. Each of these fit on a single piece of graph paper. I guess I would scan these and then send them to the artist?

I'm not sure of a rate or anything. I am debating purchasing some programs to do these myself, but with my current lack of time (demanding job + 11 month old), having someone else do them may be easier for now until I get a grasp on the software (I'm still not sure what software to purchase!).

Anyway, thanks in advance for your thoughts, I hope I have posted this correctly in terms of forum etiquette. If not, mods please delete.

Commission:
    [Paid, please send me a PM to discuss rates]
    [Paid, I am happy to pay $X for the map]

Time Constraints
    Would hope to get the world map in a month, and a couple of the village maps in 1/2 months, the city in 2-3 months and the rest of the villages depending on how long they take

What time limits (if any) are you working to?
    I am hoping to have finished copies done by the summer at which point I will likely have a software mapping program and start mapping on my own.

Style:
    I am looking for a map in the following style - Old School maps such as Tolkein Middle Earth or D&D Gazetteer. I am flexible.
    Hex maps are fine, the prettier the better, but functional is number one concern.

Description of Map:
    Tried to attach but having problems. You can e-mail me at ebizskule-----at------rogers-----dot------com.
    A brief verbal description:
    1. Continent/World Map. One major continent, several major islands
    2. Local area map of the region the PC's are in
    3. 1 major city
    4. 8-12 villages
    5. Various other locations to be determined (depending how things work with the artist and wether I decide to get my own software mapping program

The scale of the map will be approximately X miles to the inch (varies depending on continent or city map).
    Quality & Size - Good quality, 8 1/2 by 11?

Semi-professional, for my own campaign world, would like to retain the rights.

Thanks!

KT
    Last edited by King Thor; 12-12-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Add more info