Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Empire of Galladorn

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wow, that's nice! And HUGE! That must have been an incredible amount of work, but it shore looks purty... Repped!

This map is fantastic Locution. Repped.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Beautiful map. Great example of how a simple, clean style can really work. One of the first things I noticed when I looked closer was the parchment texture which I like, but I actually like it even better with the subtler texture on the larger-scaled map. Great font choice. I aclso liked the subtlety of the rivers and order lines. Hard to believe you just learned Photoshop, and a great testament to the tutorials and assistance available on this site. Great work.

Lovely work; definitely something to try emulating ^.^ Looking forward to seeing more of this work, especially as you continue to learn Photoshop. You can only get better, and you not only learn quickly but can apply that to create a really amazing map. Good luck!

- Alizarine
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

Thanks for the kind comments.

I spent a lot and I mean A LOT of time on this map. It is so large my computer can barely handle it but that was intentional. My original goal was to create a map of the continent with just some basic info on it such as nations and major features and follow it up with separate regional maps of each nation with more detail but as I began working on the map I decided to kill two birds with one stone. As I continue to write and as my world develops I will undoubtedly add some more minor details and perhaps even change a few things *shudders* but that is just the nature of the beast I guess.

As for my abilities with PS, I began barely able to use the paint tool proficiently. While I am no master now by any stretch, I am able to reproduce many of the skills I have learned from the tutorials on this site with out having to refer back to them so that makes things much easier for me in the future. And it is absolutely due to the brilliant artists and tutorial writers on this site that I am able to accomplish anything with PS. 6 months ago I never dreamt I would be able to produce a nice looking map, let alone one of this size and calibre (not to boast, but I am very proud of myself). If only I could hone my skills further so that in the future I could draw my own forests , hills and mountains and not have to use another's work but it seems my talents lie more in the realms of assembly rather than creation. Ironically, I am still unable to use the paint tool very well despite my increased proficiency with PS.
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under the Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12