Thread: From small seeds, such things grow. World Map WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip From small seeds, such things grow. World Map WIP

Some of you may remember my first map attempt a few weeks back that I posted here. Eventually I went hog wild and turned it into THIS

Since then I've started a few other things, but I continue to build upon the basis of that original map and have extended the land out quite a bit. There are over 100 labels on the map now and quite a few geographic decals so it is almost illegible if you aren't zoomed in to at least 50%. Once I finish I'll go back and streamline out all the less important stuff and probably make a lower LOD version of the map for lower resolution versions. I kept everything hidden just to show the landmass for now.

This is one of three continents in the world map that this will eventually become. This particular land is known as Esterlen as you can probably tell. The others are still very rough at the moment and one is about twice the size of this one, though mostly empty thankfully.

Anyways, enough babble, tell me what you think. To give you a concept of scale, the largest solid 'chunk' of the continent there on the west side would have approx. the same area as Australia.

- Vin

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullmaprough.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	740