Thread: Pirate Stronghold

Banned User

Map Pirate Stronghold

Hello all.

-Back story-

Situation: Last night a group of Somali Pirates captured a British Yachtsman and his wife, we believe they are hiding in this port (See "Satellite" Image below), there are many places which they could be, F Company of 45 (Four-Five) Commando have set up a FOB on the outskirts of the Port, they are constantly under attack by the local militia. (Bottom Left)

Mission: Find the Yachtsman and his wife. Bring them back to safty

---
    This map is a dock somewhere on the coast of Somali, and has many little details, Cars, Skid Marks, ships, a Mosque, Car Bomb Crators and some Containers from the ships.

Its ment to be a Satllite Image of the Area.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2z40n4j.jpg <- Bigger Version

Created on a map editor for a game I play called Battlefield 2.
    (Sorry it wouldnt let me attach it. it crashed my internet lol)

Very nice.

Thanks.

Makes you want to see the land squares on the borders .

Sigurd

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Banned User

Thanks Sigurd *smiles away*

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's pretty cool. I might have to get that game just to make maps...I love games sometimes
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Does the util have a name? How long did it take to make the map? Is the utility flexible? Can you load your own images or are you stuck with what they give you?

Sigurd

Inquiring minds want to know

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Banned User

You can make your own maps insert buildings and roads and all that, also there is a mod called Sandbox which I sometimes use.

Programme I used is BF2 Editor. 1.3

It took me 2 weeks to do to get everything perfect. I also test the map to find any bugs in it. such as static guns not firing etc.

http://sandboxmod.com/
    Last edited by MikeBeehan; 12-15-2009 at 07:56 AM.

Awesome. Looks like fun.

My only critique from a design perspective is that the buildings are on a nice grid and that grid doesn't really bear any relationship to the main roads leading into/past it. That wouldn't really be apparent from a 1st-person perspective, of course...though I imagine these military sims do pay a little more attention to "map view" for planning and such (never played one!)

Regardless, I'm impressed by the details and such. Can you post some in-engine shots? Be curious to see what it all looks like from the ground. Actually, it'd be cool if you could make a 3D flyby animation...starting at a high level, take the camera to the ground and fly past all of the key points or something. Okay. I'm just rambling at this point.
    M

Banned User

I shall try! I'll keep you all updated and I'll be sure to take a video for my next Map