Thread: Continental map needs help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. Eru, I'll put a scale on my map in the near future so you can get an idea of distance. I'll post up here once I have.

WRose

I added a mileage scale to the map. The mileage calculations are based off the fact that a horse in D&D travels between 24-42 miles a day depending on his encumbrance. I took that and looked at how far I wanted a few of the different places to be from each other. If people have a recommendation on why it may be too big or too small please let me know.
    I also made some minor alterations (moved around a few spots slightly and hand painted in some rivers.)

- WRose
    Last edited by Wrose; 09-06-2007 at 04:13 PM.

Very nice, I see you also added the Isles of Ancestry and a whole bunch more map labels. Also, is that mountain new? I don't remember seeing it before....

Anyway, shaping up nicely!
    Post your maps in the context they belong in - your world! - at Eruvian.com. Be a builder of worlds...!

Hehe, yep, a lot of new stuff since I posted a while back. I tried to dredge up this old post and post on it but couldn't find it so I started a new thread the other day. Sorry about the double posting everyone.
    Yes, the mountains in the middle are new too. Glad you like it Eru.

WRose

Welcome Wrose! Your map looks a little bit like Africa which has gone through some photoshop distortions, was that how you arrived at it? If so, interesting approach, I'm sure there is a lot you can do with it and you get to keep the advantages of intricate, believable coastlines and the sattelite colouring.

Someone in one of the older threads mentioned a similar approach, in addition to deformations, he also flipped real satellite pictures too, so the final map became unrecognisable from their real world references.

Good luck with CC3!

Ravs

Thanks,
    Yep, the original base was a portion of Africa.

WRose