Thread: Large overland map [WIP]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Haha yeah, I wanted some sort of isolated city there. Guess that's not happening

Okay, so I read that thread, and fixed my rivers from the information I managed to glean from it. I removed all of the splits that I found, made sure that only one river flows out from the lakes, and started them all in high places leading downwards. Please point out if I missed anything, or misunderstood everything

I also fixed up some of the symbols (the forests and foothills) to make them smaller, so they fit in more with the massive scale I was going for. Looks a lot cleaner to me, what do you all think? Does the continent look awesomely massive? (I was thinking that maybe 1cm = a few hundred KM, haven't quite decided yet. Still need suggestions there.)

Added a few forests and mountains as well, going more into details this time.

CC is still appreciated!

EDIT: Oops, uploaded version with labels, lol. Just ignore them, they're placeholders/english versions of the names I plan to have for the various areas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anotherone copy.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	19552  
    Last edited by Majortopio; 12-16-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Link

There is also a tutorial thread on river creation (which I looked up 'cause the thread posted above seemed to just be full of "OMG you river heretic!!!" comments) - http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3822