Thread: Greetings!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Redrobes, that was cool.

I'm glad I have looked over the Community efforts because I was able to recognize the various parts of the world.

So, are you taking all the stuff that's been created and porting it into ViewingDale?

Thanks for the link!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Well all the CWBP stuff is CC (Creative commons) licensed so you can reuse it, modify it, add to it etc and you don't have to ask permission for that. That is what a CC BY-SA-NC bit gives you. There is more on the CC website.

One of the guild members here put some of it with a google maps interface to it but I think that site has been down for some time. Anyone could do the same in Google Earth, Celestia, or Worldwind I believe (I don't think any of them restrict what content you can put into them).

But yes, since the start of it I have been adding every map that I see posted into it and id give it out to anyone who asks. The motto of ViewingDale is "Share the Vision". Its a two pronged message in that the app makes it easy to share maps because it sends them over the network and also secondly that we should be sharing our work to make a huge collection of maps that everyone can draw upon. Thats my 'vision', as opposed to the other visual map viewing bit of it being the other 'vision', and the CWBP fits right into that. It would not bother me if it were ViewingDale or some other app that enabled that but this one is built with that as its prime directive. As yet I think the CWBP is the closest I know about for a common shared community built world. All the VTT capabilities for the app are secondary to the ability for it to view worlds to infinite detail. For example, even if you used MapTool as your VTT of choice to play in the world then I still think its worth having ViewingDale too as its organizer.

I should also add that you can import hand drawn stuff in too and that there is no requirement that an imported map becomes CC licensed when building a world. Its merely a hope that I have that people will share their stuff through it.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Redrobes, I am starting to think that icosahedron is just another nick of yours. The way he keeps pushing Viewingdale is starting to get suspisious...

Maybe you should give him a commish or something.

All Kidding aside, from what I saw of it it does look good for what you want to do Imzogelmo

Welcome and have fun
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    Redrobes, I am starting to think that icosahedron is just another nick of yours. The way he keeps pushing Viewingdale is starting to get suspisious...
    No no, just a happy customer We all have our pet apps. I think its one of those things where when you build a world all as one with fast zoom its really hard to go back to loading up each map in turn. I think maybe I should sponsor a monthly challenge with a copy or two and maybe more people will see the light.