Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December Entry: Bloodwinter Raids Map

Looking good! Nice to see Ramah's icons in action.

Maybe the trees could use a bit of variety - but they look wintry for certain!

Also, there is a mountain just to the right of where the red line begins (near top of map) that is still transparent. You can see the mountain behind it through it. I am not sure if you already merged those layers or if they can still be tweaked.

Phil

Blog Entries

I actually preferred the earlier versions of the map with the normal trees. That being said, I can see how it fits more with the theme to have them leafless. Evergreen trees don't lost their leaves however, so you could have left some of those in, especially near the mountains.

I really like your colouring on the city icons btw, I think they look really good. And the way you've labelled them really puts me in mind of a period map.

The only thing that is really bugging me about the map is the moutain in the top right that is placed over the top of another one so that the one shows through the other.

I like it. And thanks for showing what can be done with those brushes in what seems to be a very short space of time.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philipstephen View Post
    Looking good! Nice to see Ramah's icons in action.

Maybe the trees could use a bit of variety - but they look wintry for certain!

Also, there is a mountain just to the right of where the red line begins (near top of map) that is still transparent. You can see the mountain behind it through it. I am not sure if you already merged those layers or if they can still be tweaked.

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    I actually preferred the earlier versions of the map with the normal trees. That being said, I can see how it fits more with the theme to have them leafless. Evergreen trees don't lost their leaves however, so you could have left some of those in, especially near the mountains.

I really like your colouring on the city icons btw, I think they look really good. And the way you've labelled them really puts me in mind of a period map.

The only thing that is really bugging me about the map is the moutain in the top right that is placed over the top of another one so that the one shows through the other.

I like it. And thanks for showing what can be done with those brushes in what seems to be a very short space of time.
    Thanks for the hint at the overlapping mountains. I also placed some evergreen trees on the map (had already thought about these yesterday, but was too tired to draw any longer).
    The colour of the dried blood is now more brownish-red. I also wrote the marks again, I hope it is now more legible.

Ramah, your brushes allow for very fast and good looking drawing. Simply great.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloodwinter Raid.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	19543  
    Last edited by Sapiento; 12-16-2009 at 01:02 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12