Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP - The city of Ankh-Bathor

I think the new version looks awesome! Keep going.
    M

Thanks for the comments Mearrin69 and Ravells. I really do hope that I manage to complete the map.

Some more progress on the map has been accomplished the last days. Mainly I have added the poorer southeast parts of the city, across the bay from the greater inner port. The area is walled in to keep the people in place but with the right papers (or money) you can go and come as you please. The area is called “The Maze” because of its uncharted and unplanned road network. The life in the maze is harsh and there is only one major building. A temple dedicated to the goddess of the poor and thieves, probably also the only place where you don’t risk to get robbed or killed if you’re a stranger.

The authorities don’t have much control in this area of the town so it is a likely hideout for people that don’t like to be found.

I also added a picture of the whole city, so you can get a picture of the size and the progress. Some bits left to do. I really hope that CD3 will cope, or I might have to split the map in two, and paste it together in PS. So far CD3 hasn’t given me any problems at all. It works like a charm :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ankh-Bathor_progress1.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	28580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ankh-Bathor_progress2.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	28581  
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

I just thought I should post a progress map with a higher resolution then in the earlier post. Nothing dramatically changed here, just a few small pieces in the south. So mainly the same picture as in the last post, but with more details for the interested.

Name:	Ankh-Bathor_test3.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	28596  
    My finished maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wow, that's a heckuva lot of houses. Kudos for patience.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Well I thought the previous style was neater, but of course this one is splendid aswell haha . Will be interesting to hear more about backstory aswell.

Thanks for the comments.

Here is a small update, well if you count every individual house it os a major update but if you look at the whole map it is a minor one :-)

The maze area in the south is done, some small things will be added later but nothing big. I've started to add some houses in the canal area, still some houses to plot out here.

The island in the middle of the bay is the cities nekropolis. According to the common belief everyone has to be burried in the catacombs of the god Nekroshtar. The catacombs is a copy of the real world where the rich can pay huge ammounts of money to get a large private place to rest. The poorer ones are thrown in a massgrave in the lower parts of the catacombs.

In the north part of the map I've placed some villas for the disgustingly rich. Walled in with big gardens they fell like they are living far away from the cities crowded streets. How wrong they can be :-)

Name:	Ankh-Bathor_5.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	758.6 KB 
ID:	28967  
    Last edited by Clercon; 09-07-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    My finished maps

Well done so far Clercon! I am so jealous that you can work with this map size in CD3 without having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
    I am so jealous that you can work with this map size in CD3 without having problems.
    Well I'm very glad too that it works so smoothly. Actually I haven't had a single crash so far. But the CD3 file is starting to be quite big now compared to the earlier towns I made. Hopefully my luck lasts :-)
    My finished maps

So Clercon, are you still working on this one?
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast