Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: WIP - The city of Ankh-Bathor

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Amazing.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

It's looking great, Clercon. Really looking forward to seeing this completed. I don't envy you one bit in this undertaking. Hehe.

Have some rep to encourage you.

Edit: Ah, fudge. Gotta share the love a little first. Must be from your featured map I guess. I'll get back to you.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Thanks for the encouragement guys. At the moment I'm dreaming of plotting out houses
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

The map looks great Clercon, I see the towpath next to the canal is in there Do you plan to have special areas within the city such as a scholars district, temple district, warehouse district, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    The map looks great Clercon, I see the towpath next to the canal is in there Do you plan to have special areas within the city such as a scholars district, temple district, warehouse district, etc.?
    Yes it is there indeed :-)
    I have some plans for different districts, We see where I end up.
    My finished maps

Wow! That thing's going to be amazing. Prepare to be Cartographer's Choiced...in ten years when you finish it. I appreciate your dedication to this one. I would have hidden under the blankets long ago!
    M

Mearrin69 -Thanks. Hopefully it wont take ten years to finish :-)

Some more work has been done on the map. But I also ran into some serious problems. When the FCW file (that is CC3's file format) hit 11 MB the program stopped working. So I had to divide the map in more then one part, and then put it together in PS. We see how it goes, the guys at Profantasy are looking into it. This is the progress on the western part of the city.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Western Ankh-Bathor_1.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	387.7 KB 
ID:	36083  
    My finished maps

wow this is an amazing project! It looks great so far and I really hope you get to finish this as it's going to be a killer map. cheers, DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Djekspek View Post
    wow this is an amazing project! It looks great so far and I really hope you get to finish this as it's going to be a killer map. cheers, DJ
    Thanks Djekspek, and don't you worry I will be able to finish the map. But I have to do it in parts in CD3 and then paste it together in Photoshop.
    My finished maps

I was just looking at the latest progress on the whole city. I had a thought that may save some of your sanity. The area between the 2 main ports of the city may be fairly lightly inhabited. First for ease of defence once a ship had entered the canal connecting the 2 ports their would be few places to dock. This would prevent an attacking force from sneaking troops into the center of the city. Without ships docking there would not be much trade. Much of the area between the docks could be taken up by large estates of various minor nobels. The point where the land route crosses would most likely be slightly denser but most who intended to do much trade in the city would most likely have taken one of the roads that lead to one of the harbors.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast