Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: WIP - The city of Ankh-Bathor

I have a bit of a newb question. Just got CC3 and CD3 yesterday. Why is everything white in these screenshots? Does it make workflow easier or is there some other reason? I am just curious because it would be nice to work in all white like that.

Thanks for the input Thestoat. As a matter of fact Ankh-Bathor is actually two cities that has merged into one. So the plan is a city with very dense areas around the coasts and a more spread out population in between. Just as you have suggested.
    The reason I've started to draw the coastal areas is that it will be easier to get the middle part right after they are done (at least for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Krases View Post
    I have a bit of a newb question. Just got CC3 and CD3 yesterday. Why is everything white in these screenshots? Does it make workflow easier or is there some other reason? I am just curious because it would be nice to work in all white like that.
    krases, I'm using the black and white city style from one of the annuals. So that is the reason for all the white areas.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected wynn's Avatar

Wow! Nice project you have going here, keep going! I want to see it finished

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post

krases, I'm using the black and white city style from one of the annuals. So that is the reason for all the white areas.
    Im not sure what you mean by 'annuals'. Is the black and white style a drawing style you can download?

Im not sure what you mean by 'annuals'. Is the black and white style a drawing style you can download?
    Profantasy has a yearly subscription service that is called "annuals". Last year they had a b&w city style as a monthly style (you get a new style every month, so 12 styles per annual)
    My finished maps

Oh I see what you mean. Thanks.

Here is a small update of the northwest part of the city.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Western Ankh-Bathor_2.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	518.9 KB 
ID:	36282  
    My finished maps

Nice. A little detail I like is the very small cross shaped building right beneath the gatehouse. I feel that if its a religious structure, then its really naturally placed, because while many cathedrals had their own block to themselves, it was more common to have a small church sort of crammed into a block like you have it. I like little details like that.

Nice. A little detail I like is the very small cross shaped building right beneath the gatehouse. I feel that if its a religious structure, then its really naturally placed, because while many cathedrals had their own block to themselves, it was more common to have a small church sort of crammed into a block like you have it. I like little details like that.
    I'm glad that my small details are noticed I'm probably going to add some more small things when most of the houses are done. At the moment the town is kind of building itself. I have a clear idea of where the big squares are etc, but after that it kind of creates itself when I'm working.
    My finished maps

Saw the map of Southpoint you recently posted and realized it had been a few months since the last update on this massive monster of a project. Any further progress with Ankh-Bathor? I can't conceive how large the image files must be for this thing now. Plus, I hope you do the cultivated fields effect for this city that you did with Southpoint, it looks really good.
    Last edited by thebax2k; 08-29-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast