DAY 4
I arrived at Lemis Keep ahead of schedule, so have taken the opportunity to scout the area while my airship takes on fresh supplies. Lemis is an inspiring place, much of it built from the crimson stones common to the region. Surprisingly, Lemis Keep itself is white. It was made not of rock from the blood cliffs, but from white stone hauled in from Copperhead and the knucklebones. More intriguing, however, is the famed glass cathedral of Lemis Keep. It was built centuries ago during the Lawless Age, and the Keep was later built around it. How so much desert Glass was amassed remains a mystery, but standing inside the rose tinted cathedral lends itself to a beautiful inner peace and tranquility.

NOTE: Drawing maps on the computer is far harder than by hand! But I do like how this one turned out Since the glass ocean sand is pink (well, fingernail pink) I figured there was room for some strange geology in the area. So I put lots and lots of reddish, somewhat crystalline stone in the Lemis region. And, since the cliffs are blood red, I added in a reflection onto the sea. So sailors in the area braving the trecherous rocky shoreline would call it the Blood Sea, both due to the danger and to its wine-like color. In contrast to the red walls and towers of the area, Lemis Keep itself is white. Sand would be imported from the edges of the glass desert to fill the arena, but its magically properties quickly leech out once away from the Glass Ocean. (Otherwise, I assume people would just collect the sand and make glass elsewhere)

And, because I spent forever on this map and its hard to see in the journal page, I will post a bigger version here...